Thursday, July 23, 2015

Small list of ggplot2 examples

Hello everybody,

I didn't use ggplot2 that much until 2 weeks ago. Which in my opinion was a big mistake on my behalf. I think my train of thought shifted from
"I just want to plot something, I don't directly get what's going on with this ggplot2 thing. I'll just find a quick solution"
to
"Wow! Once you get the basic idea, the world becomes your oyster!"
Personally, I blame Matlab. I'm just so used to use a different function for calling each plot (do a specific thing with Input data), that I did not directly realize that a plot is basically (Input data) + (do something with it)
Once you get a hang for it, it get's really fun, because you often just have to change a geom_point() to a geom_smooth() to get a completely different thing - or simply put them both in a row!
Anyhow, without further ado, here is my tutorial-like pdf:

Cheers,
Hannes

No comments:

Post a Comment